Smart developer strategy, will it work for Vodafone?

“We should maybe look at dropping the pants on those rev-share deals and giving it back to the developers to let them monetize it,” said [content services director Lee] Epting… As with practically every app store around, Vodafone 360 takes a 30 percent cut of an app sale, with the remaining 70 percent going to developers. She added, “In the end, we’re about selling tariff plans, and the way we’re going to sell tariff plans and differentiate ourselves is by having the best content proposition on the high street or wherever… We don’t necessarily have to drive towards revenue for all of that content.”

Source: Vodafone moots more generous rev-shares for app developers (Mobile Entertainment)

About janetti !

curious curious curious.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s