I’m obviously on a data research kick these days… Hard work and good ethics pays off, and I’m rewarded with another year of working with @johnbattelle and the O’Reilly Media and UBM TechWeb conference team on programming for the eighth annual Web 2.0 Summit. This year’s theme: The Data Frame.
Data is a hot topic, and visualization projects are all the rage. So calling out some great references from Nathan Yau’s Flowing Data blog – one of the best resources out there on this topic.
Recommended for Flowing Data Newbies
The best place to start – the most popular FlowingData posts since the first one in mid-2007:
- 17 Ways to Visualize the Twitter Universe
- Showing the Obama-Clinton Divide in Decision Tree Infographic
- 10 Largest Data Breaches Since 2000 – Millions Affected
- Ebb and Flow of Box Office Receipts Over Past 20 Years
- 21 Ways to Visualize and Explore Your Email Inbox
- Chart of the Day: A Breakdown of Facebook Applications
- Love, Hate, Think, Believe, Feel and Wish on Twitter
- 6 Influential Datasets That Changed the Way We Think
- Watching the Growth of Walmart Across America, Interactive Edition
- Data Visualization Blogs You Might Not Know About
(reposted from site)